Our guests share in that classic Minnesota resort experience whether vacationing in one of our newest luxury accommodations, a vacation home style cabin or a traditional and classic northwoods cabin. Northern Lights Lodge was founded in 1945 and is located on Bear Island Lake.
Lodging Style and Amenities
Our guests share in that classic Minnesota resort experience whether vacationing in one of our newest luxury accommodations, a vacation home style cabin or a traditional and classic northwoods cabin.
- 5 Northwoods Classic Cabins (Seasonal May to October)
- 5 Northwoods Luxury Cabins/Suites (All Year)
- 2 Northwoods Lake Home Cabins (All Year)
Amenities full kitchens (5 with dishwashers), ALL have indoor plumbing, 5 include jetted baths, all are lake view, 5 have screened/enclosed porches or sun rooms, all have outdoor decks and/or patios. Each lodging opportunity includes outdoor seating and charcoal grills, all cabins have picnic tables. Property also provides a guest laundry facility and WIFI.
Seasons Open4 Seasons -- Open All Year
Warm Weather Months
- Fishing (Walleye, Northern Pike, Large and Smallmouth Bass and Pan Fish)
- Wildlife (Moose, Bear, Wolves, Pine Martins and More)
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Water Skiing and Tubing
- Berry Picking (Raspberries, Blueberries, June Berries and Strawberries)
- Viewing The Northern Lights!
Cold Weather Months
- Ice Fishing
- Dog Sledding
- Cross Country Skiing
- Winter Wildlife--Tracks In The Snow (Moose, Fox, Snowshoe Hares, Deer, Wolves)
- Viewing the Northern Lights!
Rate RangeVaries by Season and Cabin Occupancy: $89 to $525 per night
Directions from 35W North (bypassing Duluth):
- travel to Highway 33--the Cloquet exit;
- travel Interstate 53 to/thru Eveleth and Virginia;
- take Highway 169 North to Tower/Ely (not the Hibbing Exit);
- travel 169 into Ely, at the traffic light (Central Avenue) turn right;
- Central Avenue becomes Highway 21 outside of town.
The Resort is located approximately 10 miles Southwest of Ely. Our Resort sign and driveway will be on your right hand side. The driveway to the Lodge is just under a mile long and winds and rolls through the woods. Please observe our posted speed limit of 10mph!
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
The Resort is owned and operated by Gary, Marie and Gary Vogt who purchased the property in January of 2001.