Our grand and luxurious authentic log resort hugs the shore of this inland sea amongst aged pines and mature birch and aspen. It is classic “Northern Minnesota” in its north woods location and all of the cabins, log homes, lodge rooms and lakeside suites surround you in a charmingly warm, north woods décor. But don’t think rustic…you’ll find all modern conveniences here.
Latitude: 47.120166 Longitude: -91.505495 Elevation: 635 ft
Lodging Style and Amenities
Grand Superior Lodge offers a variety of lodging options from our authentic Log Lodge to our luxurious Lake Homes North.
- Authentic log construction for added privacy and warmth.
- Many rooms and homes have full kitchen, fireplace and whirlpool tub.
- Access to the Superior Hiking Trail (summer/fall hiking and birding, and winter cross country skiing).
- Especially popular for weddings, family reunions and business functions.
- Private, whole ownership of cabins and lakeside town homes plus fractional quarter-share ownership at Lake Homes North, the newest addition. All have rental management option.
- Some pet units available by making reservation arrangements through front desk.
- Splashing Rock Restaurant offers fine dining in a casual atmosphere, and seasonal deck dining, right on the water’s edge of Lake Superior.
- Banquet and catering services offered from Splashing Rock Restaurant.
- Guest participation in “Explore! with Odyssey Resorts” activities programs.
- The “Beach House”, a private cabin that is literally right on the water.
Seasons OpenYear Round
- Explore! program offers a wide variety of activities for all ages. Visit our website for more information.
- Massage available by appointment
- Indoor swimming pool
- Near Superior Hiking Trail and area snowmobile trails
- Take I-35W or 1-35E to joined I-35 North.
- The interstate ends in Duluth at London Road and 26th Ave E. At this stoplight intersection, turn right onto London Road.
- Follow London Road through the city it will turn into Highway 61 North. Continue driving with the shore of Lake Superior on your right. You have your choice of the Scenic Highway 61, which goes past some small s hops along the way – or taking the Expressway (70 mph). Both meet up just before Two Harbors.
- Highway 61 will take you through the town of Two Harbors, and continue north. Two Harbors is only 15 minutes way and a quick drive back if you’re wondering whether to stop or continue on.
- North of Two Harbors, the Highway will take you under two tunnels. The resort is after the second tunnel on the right (lake side). Watch for the Castle Danger highway sign and shortly after that you’ll see the sign and driveway for Grand Superior Lodge and Splashing Rock Restaurant.
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Locally owned and managed by Odyssey Resorts – based in Duluth, MN.